XMOS 384kHz DXD DSD256 high-quality USB Type-C to I2S/DSD/SPDIF PCB
- 4 layer PCB
- Support upto 384kHz PCM and DSD256
- Using NDK NZ2520SDA Ultra low phase noise oscillator
- BUY 2 GET $20 OFF! Limited time only
This item includes XMOS 384kHz DXD DSD256 high-quality USB to I2S/DSD/SPDIF Type-C PCB (and 2.54mm spacing 10x2row gold plated header pins)
User can solder 5pin and shield housing of the optional type-b socket direclty to the type-c socket shield, the mounting is very stable. But the downside, it is hard to remove the type-b socket afterward.
This PCB is designed for direct replacement of our reowned BGA XMOS 384k PCB. It has the same power requirement 3.3V 200mA as well as additional feature SPDIF OUT (3.3V max 4mA), VU meter OLED display socket and enhanced performance from the latest XMOS XU216 chip.
1) Newest XMOS XCORE-200 XU216 with 2 Tiles 16 Cores upto 2000MIPS real time processing power in dual issue mode. It is equal to two XU208 combined in one silicon chip, one dedicated tile is used for the USB data and the other tile is dedicated to process the audio data to the DAC. XU216-512 includes 4x more ram than xu208-128 and 8x more ram than the old BGA XMOS U8/U6.
2) The latest xmos xCORE-200 includes unique hardware divider and it is used to generate the I2S bit-clock from the oscillator directly(old xmos uses software divider). Asynchronous reclock usb audio data to I2S signal for all the modern DAC standard input.
3) 4 layer PCB, Solid ground plane (a must for high speed digital circuit)
4) NDK NZ2520SD Ultra low phase noise oscillator and Murata capacitor sourced from Japan directly (guarantee no fake product from China)
According to the official datasheet, the phase noise of NZ2520SD is much better than the famous crystek 957 under 25khz(human listenable range)
For easier comparsion(lower is better), we overlay the two phase noise graph at the same scale, under 25khz(human listenable range) nz2520sd(red line) is better, over 25khz(human unlistenable range) crystek 957 is better.
5) Dedicated I2C port for the OLED VU meter display to avoid using the same I2C port to control the DAC/ADC chip(if needed) which can causes interference to the DAC/ADC chip (common fault in most design on the market)
6) OLED display is the latest technology with highest contrast, complete dark background, full viewing angle and it looks much better than the commonly used LCD display.
7) Compact size 50mm x 50mm
8) PCB is powered by external 3.3V 200mA regulated supply, it is usually connected to the same 3.3v digital power DAC is using(warning: over-voltage or reverse-voltage can damage the xmos chip immediately, double check before power on)
*No drivers needed for MAC OS version 10.6.4 and above
*No drivers installation required for Linux with UAC2 compliant kernel
*Free windows driver(without 30 min. periodic beeps) support upto PCM384K and DoP DSD128(not support Native DSD) is available for download in the driver area
*Full feature signed windows 7/8/10 driver(without 30 min. periodic beeps) support upto PCM384K, DoP DSD128 and Native DSD256 is available for purchase in the driver download area.
*DSD256 only support in native mode (for windows requires >=v3 driver version)
Please check your DAC should support the following I2S signal specification to decode each sampling rate:
*The I2S data output from XMOS is always 32bit(BCLK/LRCK/2=32), the USB audio data received from computer is always 16bit or 24bit.
*When XMOS PCB is flashed with general firmware, the 16/24bit audio data is re-scaled to full 32bit inside the XMOS chip if the computer mixer volume control is not set to full volume. It is commonly called as 32bit volume control in the high end audio market. The dac chip can only recevie bit perfect audio when the computer volume mixer is set to full volume.
DSD playback steps using foobar2000 in Microsoft Windows and MAC:
1. Download and install the latest version of Foobar2000 from the official website (the latest version tested to work is v1.38)
2. Download and install the official ASIO output plug-in for Foobar2000
3. Download the latest version of Super Audio CD Decoder plug-in for Foobar2000
3a) unzip and double click to install ASIOProxyInstall-x.x.x.x.exe
3b) Foobar > Files > Perferences > Components > Install > foo_input_sacd.fb2k-component
4. Configure the output device: Foobar > Files > Perferences > Playback > Output > Device (ASIO: foo_dsd_asio)
5. Configure the ASIO output: Foobar > Files > Perferences > Playback > Output > ASIO > foo_dsd_asio(double click)
5a) ASIO Driver: DIYINHK DXIO USB Audio
5b) DSD Playback Method: DoP Marker 0x05/0xFA
6. Foobar > Files > Perferences > Tools > SACD > ASIO Driver Mode: DSD
More detail: http://www.google.com/search?q=foobar+dsd
1. External regulated 3.3V power supply is connected to the 20pin header pins label 3.3vINx2
2. For DSD playback, LRCK= DSD D1(Left channel), DATA= DSD D2(right channel), BCK = DSD Bit Clock.
3. For DSD playback, windows volume mixer must be set to full volume.
(If the pcb is flashed with specific DAC chip bit perfect volume control firmware, DSD playback volume can be set in the operating system volume mixer)
4. If you do not play DSD from the computer, the PCB will not output DSD signal. It's the same as our old PCB without DSD
5. This 384K PCB is pin to pin compitiable with our original BGA XMOS 384k PCB, user can replace and upgrade directly.
6. Different DAC require different software command to switch between DSD and PCM mode. Please read the corresponding DAC datasheet for detail.
8. Use a fresh install of windows and a dedicated USB port always avoid problem and run stable
9. The length of I2S connection to your DAC chip should be as short as possible for best result and below 10cm is recommended
1. There are cheap USB Type-C cable in the market that can only be used for charging, it contains no data signal wiring inside and it cannot not be used for data transfer or USB audio playback.
*This item is in limited stock, maximum two per buyer. Please contact us if you want to buy more than two.
*OEM are welcome, large discount on volume pricing, free customized logo on the bottom right corner of the OLED display for 100pcs+ order 49USD each only.
You might also like