Isolated XMOS 384kHz DXD DSD256 high-quality USB Type-C to I2S/DSD/SPDIF PCB
- 4 layer PCB, Gold plated TYPE-C Socket(USB2.X/3.X Compatiable)
- Support upto 384kHz PCM and DSD256
- Using New NZ2520SDA Ultralow phase noise oscillator
- BUY 2 GET $20 OFF! Limited time only
This item includes Isolated XMOS 384kHz DXD DSD256 high-quality USB to I2S/DSD/SPDIF PCB (and 2.54mm spacing 10x2row 30u gold plated header pins)
1) Newest XMOS XCORE-200 XU216 with 2 Tiles 16 Cores upto 2000MIPS real time processing power in dual issue mode. It is equal to two XU208 combined in one silicon chip, one dedicated tile is used for the USB data and the other tile is dedicated to process the audio data to the DAC. XU216-512 includes 4x more ram than xu208-128 and 8x more ram than the old BGA XMOS U8/U6.
2) The latest xmos xCORE-200 includes unique hardware divider and it is used to generate the I2S bit-clock from the oscillator directly(old xmos uses software divider). Asynchronous reclock usb audio data to I2S signal for all the modern DAC standard input.
3) 4 layer PCB, Solid ground plane (a must for high speed digital circuit)
4) NDK NZ2520SDA Ultra low phase noise oscillator and Murata capacitor sourced from Japan directly (guarantee no fake product from China)
According to the official datasheet, the phase noise of NZ2520SDA is much better than the famous crystek 957 under 25khz(human listenable range)
For easier comparsion(lower is better), we overlay the two phase noise graph at the same scale, under 25khz(human listenable range) nz2520sd(red line) is better, over 25khz(human unlistenable range) crystek 957 is better.
5) Dedicated I2C port for the OLED VU meter display to avoid using the same I2C port to control the DAC/ADC chip(if needed) which can causes interference to the DAC/ADC chip (common fault in most design on the market)
6) OLED display is the latest technology with highest contrast, complete dark background, full viewing angle and it looks much better than the commonly used LCD display.
7) Full copper, one piece housing, gold plated(not cheaper gold flash) high quality Molex USB connector. (User can easily distinguish low quality USB socket, it is always combined from two piece of metal, the front part is copper and the back part is iron(iron is cheaper than copper, it is the way business man lower the cost for product in general consumer market. This PCB is target for audiophile, full copper one piece housing gold plated contact molex usb socket is used.)
8) Compact size 60mm x 50mm
*No drivers needed for MAC OS version 10.6.4 and above
*No drivers installation required for Linux with UAC2 compliant kernel
*Free windows driver(without 30 min. periodic beeps) support upto PCM384K and DoP DSD128(not support Native DSD) is available for download in the driver area
*Full feature signed windows 7/8/10 driver(without 30 min. periodic beeps) support upto PCM384K, DoP DSD128 and Native DSD256 is available for purchase in the driver download area.
*DSD256 only support in native mode (for windows requires >=v3 driver version)
Please check your DAC should support the following I2S signal specification to decode each sampling rate:
DSD playback steps using foobar2000 in Microsoft Windows and MAC:
1. Download and install the latest version of Foobar2000 from the official website (the latest version tested to work is v1.38)
2. Download and install the official ASIO output plug-in for Foobar2000
3. Download the latest version of Super Audio CD Decoder plug-in for Foobar2000
3a) unzip and double click to install ASIOProxyInstall-x.x.x.x.exe
3b) Foobar > Files > Perferences > Components > Install > foo_input_sacd.fb2k-component
4. Configure the output device: Foobar > Files > Perferences > Playback > Output > Device (ASIO: foo_dsd_asio)
5. Configure the ASIO output: Foobar > Files > Perferences > Playback > Output > ASIO > foo_dsd_asio(double click)
5a) ASIO Driver: DIYINHK DXIO USB Audio
5b) DSD Playback Method: DoP Marker 0x05/0xFA
6. Foobar > Files > Perferences > Tools > SACD > ASIO Driver Mode: DSD
More detail: http://www.google.com/search?q=foobar+dsd
DSD playback steps using foobar2000 in Windows 10 (2017 Apr Update or later)
1. Windows 10(2017 Apr Update or later) includes built in usb audio 2.0 driver finally, this pcb can be used immediately after plug in to the computer without install any driver.
2. install foobar 1.3.15 + foo_input_sacd.fb2k-component + WASAPI.fb2k-component
3a. Setting = Preferences->playback->output + DSD:WASPI(push) + Output format(24-bit)
3b. Setting = Preferences->Tools->SACD Output mode: DSD
4. Advance feature includes ASIO support still requires install the windows audio driver which can be downloaded from our store.
1. Two external individual regulated 3.3v power supply with two seperated ground is needed. The first one is connected to the 20pin header pins label 3.3vINx2 for the isolated side of the pcb. The second is connected to the 2.54mm spacing white JST XH header for the nonisolated side of the pcb.
2. For DSD playback, LRCK= DSD D1(Left channel), DATA= DSD D2(right channel), BCK = DSD Bit Clock.
3. For DSD playback, windows volume mixer must be set to full volume.
(If the pcb is flashed with our specific dac bit perfect volume control firmware, DSD playback volume can be set in the operating system volume mixer)
4. If you do not play DSD from the computer, the PCB will not output DSD signal. It's the same as our old PCB without DSD
5. This 384K PCB is pin to pin compitiable with our original BGA XMOS 384k PCB, user can replace and upgrade directly.
6. Different DAC require different software command to switch between DSD and PCM mode. Please read the corresponding DAC datasheet for detail.
8. Use a fresh install of windows and a dedicated USB port always avoid problem and run stable
9. The length of I2S connection to your DAC chip should be as short as possible for best result and below 10cm is recommended
10. The maximum sampling rate output from the XMOS pcb is 384k, the optional FIFO reclock I2S PCB maximum sampling rate out is 192k. (i.e. The user cannot use the FIFO reclock PCB if they want to playback 384k sampling rate audio file.
1) The isolated side of the PCB is powered by external 3.3V 200mA regulated supply on the 20pin header, it is usually connected to the same 3.3v digital power DAC is using(warning: over-voltage or reverse-voltage can damage the xmos chip immediately, double check before power on)
2) The non-isolated side is powered by another dedicated individual external 3.3v 500mA regulated supply on the 2.54mm spacing JST XH socket. The ground paired with this 3.3v rail is seperated and it must not be shorted to any position in the system. Do not short nonisolated ground or isolated ground to the metal enclosure, do not use centre tap transformer, do not short the rca socket ground to the metal enclosure.
*This item is in limited stock, maximum two per buyer. Please contact us if you want to buy more than two.
*OEM are welcome, large discount on volume pricing, free customized logo on the bottom right corner of the OLED display for large qty order.
You might also like