XMOS 768kHz DXD DSD512(DSD1024) high-quality USB to I2S/DSD PCB
- 4 layer PCB
- Support upto 768kHz PCM and DSD512(DSD1024*)
- Using NDK NZ2520SD Ultra low phase noise oscillator
- BUY 2 GET $20 OFF! Limited time only
- FREE DAC PCB*(until stock last) when order with 768K XMOS PCB
This item includes XMOS 768kHz DXD DSD512(DSD1024*) high-quality USB to I2S/DSD PCB (and 2.54mm spacing 10x2row 30u gold plated header pins)
World's first REAL 768k USB to I2S/DSD PCB for audiophile Diyer to enjoy!
Are you kidding? World's first real 768k usb to i2s convertor from Hong Kong?
It's based on xmos, so it's from UK^^
Why do I need this 768k PCB? I do not have 768K music file to playback!
There are many technical advantage from this 768k PCB even when playback lower sampling rate music:
1) The latest xmos xCORE-200 includes unique hardware divider and it is used to generate bit-clock from master clock directly.
2) The XMOS used in this pcb is XU216 2000MIPS and it contains two tile. It is equal to two XU208 combined in one silicon chip, one dedicated tile is used for the USB data and the other tile is dedicated to process the audio data to the DAC.
3) The xmos in this PCB is clocked directly from 45.158Mhz and 49.152Mhz audio oscillator, the timing and jitter can be better than those PCB uses 22.5792MHz 24.576Mhz audio oscillator as much as two time theoretically.
4) If the user do not have 768k music file, they can still upsample their current lower sampling rate file in the computer before sending to the DAC. And they can enjoy the full potential of S/N and THD from all the latest generation 768K capable DAC chip immediately.
5) Several famous DAC chip manufacturer already bought our 768k PCB for their new DAC chip internal testing. Our 768k USB I2S PCB is the first and it is still the only one in the world capable of REAL 768K PCM since it's released.
Rumor: NDK 22.5792/24.576Mhz oscillator phase noise is better than it's 45.158/49.152Mhz version, 384k pcb uses 22/24Mhz OSC should sound better?
1. It is ture BUT only for people using these oscillator straight forward without circuit design experience. Our 768k pcb includes extra clock output jitter reduction circuit which can efficiently reduce the jitter upto two time theoretically.
1) Newest XMOS XCORE-200 XU216 with 2 Tiles 16 Cores upto 2000MIPS real time processing power in dual issue mode. It is equal to two XU208 combined in one silicon chip, one dedicated tile is used for the USB data and the other tile is dedicated to process the audio data to the DAC. XU216-512 includes 4x more ram than XU208-128, 8x more ram than the old BGA XMOS U8/U6.
2) 4 layer PCB, Solid ground plane (a must for high speed digital circuit)
3) NDK NZ2520SD Ultra low phase noise oscillator and Murata capacitor sourced from Japan directly (guarantee no fake product from China)
According to the official datasheet, the phase noise of NZ2520SD is much better than the famous crystek 957 under 25khz(human listenable range)
For easier comparsion(lower is better), we overlay the two phase noise graph at the same scale, under 25khz(human listenable range) nz2520sd(red line) is better, over 25khz(human unlistenable range) crystek 957 is better.
4) Dedicated I2C port for the OLED VU meter display to avoid using the same I2C port to control the DAC/ADC chip(if needed) which can causes interference to the DAC/ADC chip (common fault in most design on the market)
5) OLED display is the latest technology with highest contrast, complete dark background, full viewing angle and it looks much better than the commonly used LCD display.
6) Full copper one piece housing, gold plated(not cheaper gold flash) high quality Molex USB connector.
7) Compact size 50mm x 50mm
8) PCB is powered by external 3.3V regulated supply 800mA max.(linear regulator version) or 300mA max.(new 1W version), it is usually connected to the same 3.3v digital power DAC is using(warning: over-voltage or reverse-voltage can damage the xmos chip immediately, double check before power on)
*No drivers needed for MAC OS version 10.6.4 and above
*No drivers installation required for Linux with UAC2 compliant kernel
*Free windows driver(without 30 min. periodic beeps) support upto PCM768K and DoP DSD256(not support Native DSD) is available for download in the driver area
*Full feature signed windows 7/8/10 driver(without 30 min. periodic beeps) support upto PCM768K, DoP DSD512 and Native DSD512 is available for purchase in the driver download area.
*DSD512 only support in native mode (for windows requires >=v3 driver version) and DSD1024 theoretically work in our laboratory test condition.
Please check your DAC should support the following I2S signal specification to decode each sampling rate:
*The I2S data output from XMOS is always 32bit(BCLK/LRCK/2=32), the USB audio data received from computer is always 16bit or 24bit.
*When XMOS is flashed with general firmware, the 16/24bit audio data is re-scaled to full 32bit when using the computer mixer volume control, the dac chip can only recevie bit perfect audio when the computer volume mixer is set to full volume.
*When XMOS is flashed with specific DAC firmware, the 16/24bit audio data will NOT be re-scaled and the DAC always receive bit-perfect data. XMOS directly set the volume register of the DAC chip using the volume value from the computer mixer.
(XMOS PCB sell separately is flashed with general firmware)
DSD playback steps using foobar2000 in Microsoft Windows and MAC:
1. Download and install the latest version of Foobar2000 from the official website (the latest version tested to work is v1.38)
2. Download and install the official ASIO output plug-in for Foobar2000
3. Download the latest version of Super Audio CD Decoder plug-in for Foobar2000
3a) unzip and double click to install ASIOProxyInstall-x.x.x.x.exe
3b) Foobar > Files > Perferences > Components > Install > foo_input_sacd.fb2k-component
4. Configure the output device: Foobar > Files > Perferences > Playback > Output > Device (ASIO: foo_dsd_asio)
5. Configure the ASIO output: Foobar > Files > Perferences > Playback > Output > ASIO > foo_dsd_asio(double click)
5a) ASIO Driver: DIYINHK DXIO USB Audio
5b) DSD Playback Method: DoP Marker 0x05/0xFA
6. Foobar > Files > Perferences > Tools > SACD > ASIO Driver Mode: DSD
*DSD64 DSD128 DSD256 can be playback in Dop or Native Mode, DSD512 can only be playback in native dsd (not Dop)
The free xmos driver can only playback dsd in Dop mode, the full version xmos driver can playback in Dop or Native Mode.
(As of today)Since version 0.9.8 the foobar SACD plugin outputs DSD in DoP format either through WASAPI or through ASIO,
User can install the old 0.9.6 sacd plugin and remove the new sacd plugin if installed,
make sure preference-->tools> sacd --> Dop is unclick and
preference-->playback -->output --> dsd:asio:diyinhk asio driver
(there is way to playback native dsd with the new version sacd plugin but the step is more complex)
More detail: http://www.google.com/search?q=foobar+dsd
DSD playback steps using fooba2000 in Windows 10 (2017 Apr Update)
1. Windows 10(2017 Apr Update) includes built in usb audio 2.0 driver finally, this pcb can be used immediately after plug in to the computer without install any driver.
2. install foobar 1.3.15 + foo_input_sacd.fb2k-component + WASAPI.fb2k-component
3a. Setting = Preferences->playback->output + DSD:WASPI(push) + Output format(24-bit)
3b. Setting = Preferences->Tools->SACD Output mode: DSD
4. Advance feature includes ASIO support still requires install the windows audio driver which can be downloaded from our store.
1. External regulated 3.3V power supply is connected to the 20pin header pins label 3.3vINx2
2. For DSD playback, LRCK= DSD D1(Left channel), DATA= DSD D2(right channel), BCK = DSD Bit Clock.
(If the pcb is flashed with our AK449x specific firmware, D1 and D2 is reversed.)
3. For DSD playback, windows volume mixer must be set to full volume.
(If the pcb is flashed with our AK449x specific bit perfect volume control firmware, DSD playback volume can be set in the operating system volume mixer)
4. If you do not play DSD from the computer, the PCB will not output DSD signal. It's the same as our old PCB without DSD
5. Our 768K PCB is pin to pin compitiable with our 384k PCB, user can replace and upgrade directly with the new 1W version 768K XMOS PCB(which is also using high performance dcdc regulator). Please notes the original 768k XMOS pcb version is using linear regulator and it requires upto 800mA to operate.
6. Different DAC require different software command to switch between DSD and PCM mode. Please read the corresponding DAC datasheet for detail.
7. Exterme user can cut the trace under /R2 and short /R1 for 45.158Mhz/49.152Mhz MCLK frequency output if needed. Exterme user can also remove FB1 and uses dedicated low noise 3.3V power supply to the onboard ultra low phase noise audio oscillator.
8. Use a fresh install of windows and a dedicated USB port always avoid problem and run stable
9. The length of I2S connection to your DAC chip should be as short as possible for best result and below 10cm is recommended
1) How to test real 768K PCM is playing? There are many fake/misleading product in the market!
User can download our 100% computer generated pure precision 768Khz PCM test tone wav file to test(it is not recording from analog and thus zero background noise is achieved).
If the player/foobar setting is correct, user can measure LRCK=768kHz with an oscilloscope and DAC output Left channel=1Khz, Right channel=2Khz sine wave.
AK4490 and AK4495 in hardware mode can playback 768K PCM immediately.
2) How to test real DSD512 is playing? There are many fake/misleading product in the market!
User can download our computer generated pure precision DSD512 test tone wav file to test(it is not recording from analog and thus zero background noise is achieved).
If the player setting is correct, user can measure BCK=22579200Hz with an oscilloscope and DAC output Left channel=1Khz, Right channel=2Khz square wave. (Please notes DSD512 can only be playback in native mode)
AK4490 and AK4495 must be in software control mode to playback DSD512. Our AK449X XMOS 768K PCB combo kit is flashed with our customized fine tuned ak449x firmware can do it automatically and smoothly without click/pop noise.
With our testtone file to test, the left and right channel will not be reversed when building the best DAC.
3) Does this PCB support SPDIF output as your multichannel XMOS PCB?
Multichannel XMOS PCB support 44.1-192kHz SPDIF output. XMOS 768k PCB currently support 88.2k-384k SPDIF and 44.1kHz-768k I2S ouput. Support of 44.1/48k sampling rate SPDIF output in the 768k PCB should be available in the furture firmware update.
1. Two version of 768K XMOS PCB is available. The new version is using high performance 1v dcdc regulator(label 1W on the PCB). 2.42 inch OLED panel can be connected directly to the new 1W version PCB without modification. Please refer to the 2.42 OLED panel item description.
2. The original version is using all linear regulator and it will be faded out, as many user report the current usage and heat dissipation is hard to fulfill in their system. It requires 3.3V and upto 800mA external power supply(our test shows ~500mA during normal operation). It will not start if the power supply cable is too thin or the contact is not firm enough. The cable and contact resistance can decrease the real supplied voltage during high current loading, the onboard voltage monitor chip will try to reset the xmos again and again if the voltage is drop below the threshold.
*FREE DAC PCB(until stock last) when order with 768K XMOS PCB!
*Upto $40 off when order together with our selected DAC PCB
*This item is in limited stock, maximum two per buyer. Please contact us if you want to buy more than two.
*OEM are welcome, large discount on volume pricing, free customized logo on the bottom right corner of the OLED display for 50pcs+ order 49USD each only.
*World's first 768K ADC recorder based on the AK5572 with our XMOS 768K PCB is also developing but the priority of this project in our job list is very low. Please let us know the qty of 768K recorder you are looking for and it can have higher priority in our job list. OEM customer can also purchase an exclusive period before it is released to the public market.
You might also like