768kHz/32Bit AK4493EQ DAC, I2S/DSD input
- Bare PCB USD5.95 available at https://www.diyinhk.com/shop/outlet/155-768khz32bit-ak4493eq-dac-bare-pcb-i2sdsd-input.html
The AK4493 is a new generation Premium 32-bit 2ch DAC with VELVET SOUND technology, achieving industry’s leading level low distortion characteristics. The newly adopted OSR-Doubler technology establishes wide signal band, low power consumption and low distortion characteristics.
Moreover, the AK4493 has six types of 32-bit digital filters, realizing simple and flexible sound tuning in a wide range of applications. The AK4493 accepts up to 768kHz PCM data and 22.4MHz DSD data, ideal for high-resolution audio source playback.
This item includes PCB with all SMT component soldered, thru-hole component are not soldered.
*The XMOS PCB in the kit is flashed with our AK4490/4493/4495/4497 customized bit perfect lossless I2C DSD and PCM volume control firmware, it send software command and switch AK4490/4495 between DSD and PCM playback. We are the first (since last year 2014) and still the only one (as of today 2015) in the major market can achieve DSD volume control directly from the PC operation system sound mixer bit perfectly. We are proud to ahead of the major market for year. Please notes AK4490/4495 can only playback PCM when running in the default non software control mode.
Zero pop/click noise is achieved when switching DSD/PCM mode or shuffling through DSD song file in either DoP/Native DSD mode(tested in foobar) with our new 768K XMOS PCB flashed and our fine tuned ak449x customized firmware.
1) 768KHz/32Bit AK4493 DAC Chip (industry’s leading level low distortion characteristics and wide dynamic range.)
2) Dedicated external low noise 1.8V regluator, sounds better than AK4490/4495, and competitive to AK4497(no external 1.8v regulator used)
3) Solid ground plane with careful split of digital and analog portion(a must for highest fidelity audio)
4) No Via in active circuit (via inductance always create jitter problem)
5) 0.1% Low noise thin film resistor and C0G Capacitor sourced from Digikey USA (10x higher price than those thick film resistor from China)
6) 2200uF panasonc Low ESR capacitor at VREFH/L pin for super bass response and highest performance at 20Hz range frequency.7
7) Gold plate I2S input connector and four GND return path dedicated for each I2S signal(lowest contact resistance and highest signal quality)
1)The AK4493 PCB can work immediately with only I2S signal and power supply connected, one 3.3V (>300mA), one 5.0V (>100mA) and one +-12V (>100mA) regulated power supply in the default parallel operation mode.
2)For Diyer requires more deeper customization or switch to DSD playback(software I2C command is needed), the latest veraion of AK4493 datasheet is available in the internet.
3)The PCB is designed to be DIY friendly. Diyer can cut the trace and uses the socket labelled AVDD_R(5.0V) for the supply the right channel analog power supply individually. Remove FB1 and use DVDD(3.3V) for optional individual digial power supply.
4)The differential output directly from the DAC has labelled with preallocated 2.54mm spacing socket for diyer easily connecting to their favorite IV and LPF and bypass the default onboard one.
5) All dual opamp in single dip8 package IC can be used for this PCB output stage, such as OPA2134 AD8620 etc. One free opamp is included in the package and the model depends on stock.
6) Compact size 60mm x 60mm
Additional user guide when used with XMOS PCB flashed with our AK449x customized bit perfect lossless I2C DSD and PCM volume control firmware:
1) Install two jumper on AK4493 PCB, PSN SET it to LOW, ACK SET it to LOW. The DAC will start to run in software control mode.
2) With our customized firmware, the audio data send to the DAC is always bit perfect and the volume control is done in the DAC chip. DSD volume control is available using the PC operating system default sound mixer.
Without DAC specified firmware, the OS mixer will ruin the audio data if the volume is not set to full and DSD can only be playback at full volume.
Please notes the maxiumum sampling rate is limited by the XMOS PCB.
For advance user only when AK4493 is used with isolated XMOS PCB:
1) To avoid click noise occurs during replug of USB cable, remove FB1 and uses external 5v supply to CN3. Please notes reversed polarity or over voltage can damage the xmos chip immediately.
1) I2S Input (MCLK, LRCK, BCK, DATA, GND)
2) Output level: 2V RMS
3) Resolution/Sampling Rate: Up to 32bit/768KHz
4) Supply: Regulated 3.3V, 5V, +-12V
*According to the AK4493 official datasheet page 73 and our test, click noise occurs during power on/off, external mute circuit may be needed if click noise adversely affect system performance.
*Our latest D1X headphone amplifier includes power on delay and instant off output relay. It can mute the power on/off click noise of AK449x as well as all the other DAC chip requires this feature.
You might also like